Bayern coach Flick to leave at the end of the season - Latest Updates

Trending

Sunday, April 18, 2021

Bayern coach Flick to leave at the end of the season

Bayern Munich head coach Hansi Flick has confirmed he will leave the Bundesliga club at the end of the season.


The 56-year-old who led the Bavarians to win six major tophies has reportedly fallen out with the club's sporting director Hasan Salihamidzic.


The six major trophies Bayern won under Flick's 18month reign include, the Bundesliga, the DFB Pokal, the German Championship Super Cup, Champions League, FIFA  World Cup and UEFA Super Cup.

Speaking Saturday after Bayern's 3-2 win over Wolfburg, Flick said; " I told the team today that I informed the club during the week after the game in Paris that I would like to get out of my contract at the end of the season, " 

"I just wanted to tell the team after the game today because I knew how difficult and important it is that I told the club." He said.

Reports however indicate that Flick might be joining the German national team and replacing Jogi Low who he worked with for over a decade


His contract is set to end on June 2023.

No comments:

Post a Comment